Bug - System Settings Visualisation / Adding exempted users & email notifications (due for 54)

Hi there,

I might have found an inappropriateness in the way to add exempted users to different sections in Eramba.

I have following 2 users:
testuser_1 (with mailaddress: abc@d.dk and member of Group GRC Team)
testuser_2 (with mailaddress: abc@d.dk)

Under Visualisation Settings I have configured GRC Team to be an Exempted User for Section: Security Operations / Security Incidents

When I then add testuser_2 to be another Exempted User for Section: Security Operations / Security Incidents

THEN I received 2 notifications:

1. Hello! Dear testuser_1. The section by the name of “Security Incident” has been shared with you …
  2. Hello! Dear testuser_2. The section by the name of “Security Incident” has been shared with you …

Shouldnt I just have received notification 2) mail?

If I’m not mistaken, this means that every time I add an exempted user - all the already-configured-exempted users (within Group GRC Team) will receive a category notification 1).

Thats not good …

Actually it just happened, my whole Group GRC (15 persons) just received a category notification 1) - because I only added 1 new exempted user …

Do you have the same issue or am I doing something wrong?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best Regards

Christian Rozet

it should not be the case, we’ll test it and if it is a bug we’ll let you know here!
thanks for reporting

Hi,

This is a issue, thank you for your feedback!

Internal reference: https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/1258

Kristijan

1 Like