Question - Risk Exception Approver and Description as a filter option

Hi,

I had a meeting with PwC and show them how we were doing our governance of risk etc. They were really impressed with the tool. So kudos to the Eramba team for the great work.

However on the Risk Management → Risk Exception, they were missing two things which I agreed on, which were the following:

1. The risk exception does not have a field for “approvers”. Someone requests/creates the risk exception but we are missing the approver person and date of the approval.
  2. The description of each risk exception is not possible to filter, hence you need to open one by one item to read the description. Thus, would be great that the description was available on the filters to be displayer on the main risk exception table/page.

I “fixed” probably number one with the custom fields you guys provide, however it is not really a workflow. It would be great if someone adds a risk exception that a default approver (user or group) got a notification to approve such risk exception, including the date. Then approver before approve could have the chance to modify the risk exception wording and duration etc.

Thanks
Pedro

Dear all,
We would also like to implement an exception approval workflow in Eramba. I think it would be possible if there were custom roles like approver 1, approver 2 etc. Is it possible to create custom roles?
Thank you and best regards
Verena

eramba does not have user defined workflows, we use a combination of:

• notifications: send me an email 10 days before the exception, send me an email when a comment or attachment is created on the exception
  • comments+attachments: where you store the back and forward in between you and whoever has to review the exception
  • history: to review whatever change was done on the exception

So the workflow in any section in eramba goes as follow:

1- eramba sends email against deadline
2- whoever requested the exception, logs in puts a comments and attachments
3- that triggers another notification to you (and to them) with the comments

repeat 2-3 until you come to an agreement if to extend, close ,etc the exception

4- you log in and update the exception

by doing this you have a full trail on the comments/attachments of the exceptions and whatever change was done on the exception is also audited on the “History” of the item.

Perhaps i dont understand but you can filter based on the content of the description:

Correct - what eramba misses is “blocking” actions, you can do this unless that other thing happens. But you can document the trail of interactions (approvals, etc) in any section of eramba using the method described above. That method is explained on our basic training and it applies to any section in eramba, not just risk exceptions.

Thank you for your reply. Currently we work this way:
Person A requests exception 1, Person B und C have to approve exception 1. Than exception 1 is valid until xxx
Person D requests exception 2, Person B and E have to approve exception 2. Than exception 2 is valid until yyy

Is there a way to implement an approval workflow?

I could implement a notification that an email is sent if a comment is added but I cannot define if the email should be send to Person B and C or to Person B and E because I don’ t have a custom role named approver.

Our is there another way?

On the exception you need to define an “Requester” role:

In that field, you need to put A,B and C…they will all receive an email when the exception is created, when the exception is about to expire, when they write a comment to discuss why is it needed, when they write about approving it or not - all that is done with notifications (Warning, Comments & Attachments)

Then you need to think who will be able to edit the exception, for that reason people (A, B and C) need the right groups and permissions.

This method is used in any module in eramba, is a very basic setup! have you reviewed the videos?

if you are lost we can do a quick zoom, just end an email to support@eramba.org , but please review the videos!

Thank you for your reply. I watched the video but it still does not solve my problem. Requester and approver is not the same in our process. Every exception has a requester and one or more approver. So I need additionally to the field requester another field named approver. But I have only one custom role in the exception area. Is it possible to have more custom roles?

You can rename the field to whatever you want, including “Requester and Approver” (use custom fields) … when you put them all on the exception you can manage notifications, comments/attachments as discussed before …

Custom roles wont be in eramba as a feature until mid next year: Question: custom role fields - #2 by eramba