Feature - Third Party Audits needs improvements (ongoing r49 or r50)

Aren’t compliance packages too complicated for Third Party Audits?

Why dont we allow a simple import of a questionnaire (CSV format?) instead of compliance packages? We could also have a few common templates prepared (for service providers, etc).

The new import could enable users to have “conditionals” too, a bit like googles. When “feedback” option is selected, you could trigger a “warning”

When a feedback is selected, you can also trigger other feedbacks:

The “feedback” (on the first level or second) can trigger also a “text field”

The problem with this “versatility” is that filters as we know them, would not work. So if i want to know what answer i got for section 4 is not a single “feedback” but it could be “sub-feedbacks” too. This works for google because this items are some sort of variant of json (not CSV but) offer no reporting.

I’m eager to improve Third Party Audits but i dont want to over complicate things too much. My questions:

1/ Would you like to see the “questionnaire” to be “more dynamic” ? If yes, how so?
2/ We have logged other features for this module (feedback to be single select, etc) - what other things you need?

Regards
Esteban

2 Likes

I also got many times asked about “Scoring” the risk of an audit by giving items on the questionnaire a “Weight” and based on the “Feedback” get a overall score.

Work on progress:

• We stop using compliance packages, we have a new CSV
  • We include “Warning” conditions for each question / answer combination.
  • We update the auditee screen to be more like googles
  • We support risk ratings for every questionnaire question / answer combination (this is optional)
  • We improve the form used to create a third party

We appreciate your feedback here! If you are interested in participating with feedback we could organise a call about this topic.

1 Like

New CSV Format - tentatively

This is taking shape - development starts next week … it will take a month or so to get it going.

This sounds great. What’s the status?

just sat with developers and reviewed it, it will be a month until is public…i think its going to be really a nice update to the old third party audits.

We are moving forward quite ok, we leave a few screenshots:

The first step on the creation of an assessment:

The CSV upload process nearly done:

The page where auditees respond questions:

We have still work to do of course, we expect this to be completed and full tested in one month approximately.

Regards

Just meet with Marek he has done pretty nice progress:

1/ index is getting shape

2/ auditee form has more logic built in

3/ audit logs being stored and filters ready

This week we start testing the base functionality and left for the end:

• Notifications
  • Recurrence
  • Findings

Branch: feature/vendor-assessment

This could be tested and working in more or less two weeks time.

Admin Section Dashboard will have the following charts:

We are doing a lot of progress here and i think its really much nicer and easier to use than the previous module:

and the portal is changed, we are still doing adjustments but is better:

We could not use the new template as we simply need to work on it for a month until is ready to be used, but anyway i think re-using the current template has still worked well.

This week im pretty sure we’ll complete the code and keep testing it upside down. We’ll run a few trainings in a couple of weeks to all our customers to explain how it works.

A few features requested while demoing this morning:

Tags on VA
https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/1190

Clone a VA
https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/1193

Recurrence Setting missing on the index
https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/1194

Some status are missing on the filters
https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/1195

I’ve reviewed the trainings and have started testing the feature. Thanks for the work launching this.

I am still unsure/confused about one aspect. Here’s an example:

I need to run a campaign to collect responses to questions from 15 vendors about something (e.g. data security, SOC reviews, GDPR, whatever). I create my questionnaire and upload it to eramba. How do I send this questionnaire out to the 15 vendor contacts so they can each respond? How do I review and analyse the responses and findings for this campaign.

It appears I must duplicate my questionnaire 15 times and manually update each one to customize it to the vendor?

Next week I’ll have a whole new campaign (and set of questions) to start for a different set of vendors.

I appreciate clarification on how this is intended to work. Based on my reading of other forum posts, I’m asking a similar question that was asked about the old functionality:

hello !

Correct - next week we’ll add a “Clone” feature (look the post above) that would spare you from some clicks.

Ah. I couldn’t figure out what was meant by “clone”. This is rather unfortunate, as it makes the management of multiple campaigns and the results less cohesive. It is rare that I want to question just one person/company. More often I need to question multiple, and managing them as individual questionnaires (even if I can clone the questionnaire as you described) is going to be time consuming.

Can this be a feature request for future development?