Feature - Update Recurring Dates More Frequently Than Once a Year

I’m making some assumptions here so I apologize in advance if I’m incorrect. It seems that recurring dates (e.g. maintenances and audits) are created for the current calendar year, and presumably the yearly cron task is responsible for creating dates for the following year.

I foresee a problem with this. In November and especially December the calendar is going to look empty for the following year, which will make it impossible to see what’s upcoming. Instead, is it possible to maintain a moving 12 month window for recurring dates?

1 Like

correct, you plan what happens during a year and whatevre you configured will be “duplicated” as soon as you jump into a new year (that duplication runs on the 1st of jan of every year)

we lost you here , can you explain this again?

If the duplication happens on January 1st, and it’s currently mid-December, there’s not an easy way to see what maintenances or audits are coming up in the next few months. We’re basically flying blind until after the beginning of the year.

yep , i see … and is made worse by notification not triggering (warning notifiations) as entries wont exist on the system

ref: Bug - warning notifications would not work on controls for the first days of year

Yes, it would be really nice to see a year in the future at any given time.

Followed here: Bug - warning notifications would not work on controls for the first days of year

I was wondering this myself. It would be great like Jsalehy mentioned a rolling 12months forward so you can in November/December plan the next upcoming in the new year.

I posted this in the bug thread as well but wanted to make sure it’s seen…

Just wanted to let you know that the script that creates records for 2020 does not work the way it should. For example, if I have a monthly recurring maintenance starting in June of 2019, the script will create records starting in June of 2020. January 2020 to May 2020 are ignored.

answered here: Bug - warning notifications would not work on controls for the first days of year