Bug: "Current" status not updating

Hello,

I am not sure whether the behavior I am observing is expected are not. I am assuming it is not. We are using eramba Enterprise 3.23.1.

Context
We are currently performing our first “official” Internal Control campaign with Eramba. I am in charge of auditing the proofs provided by users. All our controls for this campaign have a “Planned Start” set to 2024-02-28.

We use the Planned Start as a “Deadline” for the users in charge of providing the proofs. All the users provided the proofs before the Planned Start date. I was therefore able to audit all the controls before the Planned Start date. Hence, all the audit Start Date and End Date are situated before the Planned Start date (i.e., before the 2024-02-28).

Bug/Question

I logged in today to Eramba (the 2024-02-29) to check how the dynamic statuses of the Internal Controls and related Audits changed. I was surprised to see that none of the audited Internal Control has its status changed to “Last Audit Failed” as some of the Audits were closed as “Failed”.

Checking the Audits, I see that all of them have the status “Completed”. Only one had its Status set to “Current” and “Completed”. However, the Audit is not different from the others: the Planned Date is the 2024-02-28 and the Audit Start Date and End Date are before the Planned Start Date.

I opened another audit whose Status was “Completed” but not “Current” and clicked on “Save” (I did not change anything). The Status then change to “Current”.

Hence my questions:

• Is this an expected behavior?
  • Is the refresh of status part of an Hourly/Daily Cron Job that could have failed?
  • Is there a limit to the number of Audit’s status that can be refreshed in parallel (though I would be surprised if it is a limiting issue in my case as we had only 23 controls for this campaign)?
  • Should all the Audits be completed after the Planned Start date to avoid this problem (I don’t think so as at least one control’s status was properly changed to “Current”)?
  • Will I be expected to go through each Audit at least twice (once to validate it, second to update the status) every time?

Thanks for the help.

I have noticed this occasionally also. At first I thought I was going mad!

yes, this is a problem you are not mad. i also had issues with this last week. it is already corrected.

we did not know if to issue a hotfix or not because we are close to publish a normal planned release (with the new ux on the login screen) and it could be there, but we’ll probably just publish a hotfix in the coming days for this, most likely monday / tuesday next week.

github: https://github.com/eramba/eramba/issues/4656

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the information.