Bug - Unable to delete or restore Awareness programs from trash

After deleting an awareness program I’m unable to finally delete it from trash or restore it to operation.
There is simply no option in the menu:

See Feature - Emptying Trash

trash is not active anywhere in eramba

I know this thread is almost 4 years old but tis the best fit a search has shown.

I am having the same problem as the author of this thread:

I can’t seem to be able to restore anything from trash any longer.

Unfortunately I don’t understand eramba’s reply: it is linking to a thread where the feature to be able to empty the trash was requested and then says “trash is not active anywhere in eramba” which seems totally nonsensical when I can clearly assess the trash on my eramba isntance and see the deleted items.

Could somebody please clarify what is meant here?

Hello,

Are you getting some errors? Can you send us some screenshots to support email? The best would be to send it together with logs.

Email sent, thanks.

this feature should work (there are some limitations in some very specific scenarios), but is also a feature that will be removed from eramba. we will most likely announce it this year but we need to double check a few technical details. why? well, is very difficult to make this work on a inter-related module database. we are looking at other systems in the same situation, no-one has such feature.

Bug confirmed.

Int. ref.: https://github.com/eramba/eramba/issues/4536

Well, here is my view:

Many people have long asked for a feature to empty the trash, but I haven’t seen it happen so far. Since it was basically “unkillable" I saw it as a feature and not a bug any longer, so I started relying on it. I have recovered items from the trash a few times, when a new auditor wanted to see something documented which a previous auditor deemed unnecessary.
I worked pretty well, showing an auditor an item in the trash, saying “here, we had this, but the last guy said we don’t need this documented"…

In the short-term, I’d simply like to know if this bug can and will be fixed so I can retrieve all documents I might still need from the trash?

In the long-term, I will look for a different solution, maybe export/import of certain documetns I temporarily want out of my GRC since you said you will abolish the trash or did you mean you will abolish the feature of restoring from the trash? If its just the retrieval feature, what is the point of the “undeletable and unrecoverable” trash then?

we’ll test, if its an easy fix we’ll do it

is not clear, i see three options now:

• trash remains and you will be able to see what was deleted
  • same as above, you might also be able to see the activity log items related to those deleted items
  • no trash functionality at all

for sure, there wont be a restore functionality anymore, is just too hard to build.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, good to know.

1 Like

We have decided for the time being to remove the “restore” option from:

• Trash
  • History of an item (older changes)

github: https://github.com/eramba/eramba/issues/4536

1 Like

Any chance to retrieve some content from the trash before you remove the function? I “semi-retired” a few documents which I would like to retrieve for archival purposes, if possible.

Alternatively, does anyone know when the retrieve from trash last worked? I could have a look if I have a backup of my eramba VM from back then, meaning I could restore, extract, shutdown that backup.

Hello,

What kind of documents? policies?

Yes. If I remember correctly, they were not in form of attachments or links but in that of online content.