Feature - Awareness Program Content (Closed)

The window used in the awareness program to display the HTML content is very small, it would be great to have the ability to set this size on the window to make it look better. We have some WBT that we are trying to load through the awareness program but so far it’s been difficult to as the window is so small

Thanks,
John

Quick follow up - In addition would it be possible to also have additional file types ? EG powerpoint slide etc

John - can you share with us a screenshot of what you have and what you would expect in terms of size, we can resize it for sure.

As for the format, we started of with HTML because anything can be moved to html (pdf, power points, etc) and is quite powerful. PPT are tricky to load , so not likely. Your are looking at the user going trough “Pages” ?

Hi Esteban

I think we are going to be able to get around this without a change on your end … We have put in an HTML template which has a launch button - This will pop up the relevant content and can be sized to the way we want it.

Please go ahead and close off the feature/request ticket

Thanks for coming back to me…

John

Ok ! thanks for the input john!

I would propose a resizing of the html content window…

the ratio does not fit with any know aspect… 16:9 or 4:3

I’ve had to adjust the content to w:860 h:280 wich is ratio 43:14 (21,5:7)

How did you get the slide stuff Jonas? looks good

its an embedded pptx. its hosted on sharepoint… sharepoint allows for imbedding using iframe…

i adopted the approach that john described using this guide:

HTML file( apostrophe inserted to escape HTML tags):

<’!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd”>’
<'html>
<‘head>
<’/head>
<'body>
<‘SCRIPT TYPE=“text/javascript”>
function popup(mylink, windowname)
{ if (! window.focus)return true;
var href;
if (typeof(mylink) == ‘string’) href=mylink;
else href=mylink.href;
window.open(href, windowname, ‘width=1186 height=691 ,scrollbars=no’); //edit width and height to fit with the embedded content.
return false; }
<’/SCRIPT>
<'div style=“text-align:center”>

<’!-- Replace the link below–>
<‘A HREF=“insert link to resource” frameborder=“0” onClick=“return popup(this, ‘notes’)” ><‘span class=“s1”><‘b>Open presentation<’/b><’/span><’/A>
<’/div>

<’/body>
<’/html>

1 Like

@jonas.von.scholten

http://www2.cipd.co.uk/CyberSecurity/shell.html

I was playing with your code above to try and embed the above link to training I have found on line. When I initially set this up it was popping the window out no problem. However when i came back to it today it seems to be keeping it in a smaller window. I have tried playing around with the width and height even changing it to full screen.

Have you had the same issues. did you have the window popup as expected?. I’m not exactly all that up on html

I have managed to get the popup window to work. The window is popping out in full screen mode which helps get round the size of the HTML window inside Eramba

1 Like

<’!DOCTYPE html>
<'title>My Example

<‘script type=“text/javascript”>
// Popup window code
function newPopup(url) {
popupWindow = window.open(
url,‘popUpWindow’,‘type=fullWindow,fullscreen,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes’)
}
<’/script>
<’'enter><'img alt=“Security Awareness Course” title=“Security Awareness Course” height=“106” width=“480” class=“media-element file-full” typeof=“foaf:Image” img src="/sacbanner.png">
<'centre>

<‘a href=“JavaScript:newPopup(‘Insert Link to Your Training.html’);”>Enter Training<’/p>
<'centre><'img src="/HR_Professionals.jpg">

1 Like