Feature - Confusing GUI design on the Policy Portal

This is just an observation/suggestion:
In the Eramba Policy Portal, if someone goes to download a document,
it brings up a pop-up dialog, with lots of metadata and version history about the document.
And the actual link to download the document is in a band in the middle.

However, on the button right of the dialog, there is a big blue button saying Download PDF.

I am finding that a lot of my colleagues get confused and click that Download PDF button, thinking that they will get the document itself. Instead, they get a PDF of dialog box! :slight_smile:

I think you might want to revamp the design of this dialog a little bit, to make the link to actual document clearer. And the big button less prominent (and/or change its label - ‘Make a PDF of this screen’ is what it’s actually doing…)

2 Likes

This is actually blocking rollout of the Policy Portal for us. The link to view the document is buried in the version history and other info, and the big blue button that says Download PDF doesn’t do what everyone assumes it does. Management is not letting us release this to users due to the confusion.

yeah, it’s the sort of thing that if you use Eramba every day, you soon get used to it,
but if you try and get everyone in your company to use it to consult policies, it causes hullaballoo