Feature - Field Suggestions

In 1.x you would get something we call “Suggestions” which is now in 2.x largely gone. Say i have a control X and the control is linked to two policies Y and Z.

If i go to compliance analysis and i link that control to an item, then the two policies would be automatically auto-completed on the policy fields (this is the suggestion).

2019-09-16 13_07_56

The goal of the suggestion is to keep your relationships tidier by adding or removing references automatically. The suggested items to control X are not obvious if i add more than one control so we need a “Suggestions Available” in red option under the “policy field” that when clicked it shows:

• what policies are associated with the newly associated controls
  • what policies should be removed based on the removed controls (the user can add or remove controls)
  • what policies are no longer linked to the controls above (careful not to repeat the above suggestions) (see note below)

Note: what if the following happens:

• I remove control X association with policy Z and Y
  • Policy Z and Y are removed from the system (and therefore their relation to the control is gone)

Should the compliance item update as well its records? should it be automatic? or per save/delete user definition? or both? (configurable). Perhaps we need a per section (to be defined which sections) where there is a configurable setting under Settings called “Relationships Suggestions”

Where you define:

• Automatically add suggestions to fields based on user selections
  • Automatically remove suggestions to fields based on user selections
  • Automatically update relationships on changes
  • Automatically update relationships on delete

The setting should explicitly describe what fields are affected…for example this setting on the policy module:

• Automatically add suggestions to fields based on user selections
    • NA (since in the policy form there is no suggestions to be provided)
  • Automatically remove suggestions to fields based on user selections
    • NA (since in the policy form there is no suggestions to be provided)
  • Automatically update foreign relationships on changes to items in this section
    • NA (since in policies alone dont have dependencies on foreign sections)
  • Automatically update relationships on delete
    • Always Yes / Always No / Suggest before every Delete

int ref: https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/2337