Feature - Filters based on "current user"

I would like to create filters based on the current user, e.g. a “My Tasks” filter where I can define as filter condition Task Owner = Current User.

Of course I can create a private filter for myself, filtering for myself as Task Owner, but this cannot be reused by others. I’d prefer to create a public filter using a sort of “variable” for the current user, so that it would work for all users.

Is there a way to do it and I didn’t see it, or would that be a new feature?

I also think it could be nice as an Admin-user to make a default filter related to the different user-groups. An example is that I have some 1st line audit owners that are confused, because when they log in they can see all there audits, also the audits from last year. And not only the current expired audit.
Instead of that I help every single of them making an “private” filter, it could be nice that I could make one for all members in a group

+1 on the original request.

We’re wanting to roll this out to managers so they can review their information assets and risks, however they are overwhelmed seeing everyone else’s assets and risks

It’s the last blocking issue we have before we give them access.

Current workaround is to give them all instructions to setup their own filters, but this doesn’t go down well and I get a “it’s too complicated” response when trying to push this through organisational change control.

We are planning a new UI on react, filters is likely to be the first thing we will change. Hopefully by the end of the year we will have ux/ui designed and development will begin.

Thank you for your feedback, once the core team starts designing the feature we will of course consider all posts from the community.

2 Likes