Feature - Internal Controls - Audit and Maintenance Dates

Is there a way to easily setup reoccurring audits and maintenance tasks without having to add multiple audits and maintenances dates individually? For example we have a maintenance task that needs to be completed daily but rather than entering a daily reoccurrence we have to add multiple dates and months, even then we have to work out which days fall on weakened because tasks wont be conducted on those days.

Maybe a calendar feature and recurrence options would be a good idea, similar to Microsoft Outlook calendaring and meeting invite series.

Are there any plans for such features?

Yes - we have an issue on the short term queue to improve the date picker:

ref: https://roadmap.eramba.org
ref: https://github.com/eramba/eramba_v2/issues/1961

But truth is it will be months until we get to this as we are overloaded with stuff …

We will include a drop down on the top with three options:

• No Audits Required
  • Select specific audit dates (this is what we have now)
  • Select recurrence date

• If the user chooses “No Audits Required” , then the rest of the form is greyed out and is not mandatory anymore.
  • If the user chooses “Select specific dates”, then we show what we have now (the specific dates)
  • If the user chooses “Select recurrence date”, then we need to show a calendar plugin that allows the user to define:

1/ First Audit Date (they would select a month and day)
2/ Recurrence, which will be two variables: Frequency (a numeric value in between one and 365) and a Period (Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Semester)

Note to devs: to the backend send the calculated dates in which eramba needs to create records, so we can re-use the backend logic we have today. The backend logic needs to be updated as there might be a bug, if it is about to insert an audit record on a day that does not exist (leap year) it must move the audit day to the next valid day.

As the user selects this options you need to show the number of audit records that eramba will create for this calendar year:

“Based on your settings, we will create X audit records for this calendar year”

Note: this same logic applies to maintenances

Hello, I’m under a POC with the community edition in 3.23.1 version and I don’t have the recurrency option.
This is quite strange because in piloting an ISMF we have tons of regular internal controls to pilot security?!

• Monthly checks of access autorisation to IT, facilities etc…
  • Monthly checks of number of PC deployed
  • monthly check of exceptions provided
  • etc…

Is it because of edition or this feature is still not implemented yet?

Guil.

Not sure where you are searching for that option but it is there.

Please check our documentation as well: Internal Controls | Eramba learning portal

Well, this is not exactly what I’m looking for. On the screen here, I can add an audit date a week, a month, a quarter or a semester later… In the end it will add one date on the delay provided.
I’m looking for a recurrent audits.

Let give me some exemple : I want to run audit about physical access control every month. That does mean, every month I want someone from my team checking the access logs on the facilities to be sure people coming in are properly registered (to detect a turn around on the accountability of the autorization). this control being run every month, I want to set this recurrency without having each time to manually set “add one monthe later”.

Unless i’m wrong I can’t add this sort of “everymonth” ? correct? (Or being french could be reason I don’t get it properly?)

G.

On the UI side, when you set up a control, you have to set the day/month for each of the audits and maintenances that you want to do. This will also allow you to set these tasks throughout the month so they are not all due at the same time.

If you don’t want to click for 12 new items for each control to get monthly, take a look at the csv upload process where you can just put the frequency string of 12 dates into that field and declare victory. This can be done for both audits and maintenances.