Feature: Text Field Editor for description fields or similar

Eramba allows us to input descriptions and other significant amounts of text into respective fields using plain text. While this format serves its purpose, it does not allow users the opportunity to enhance the readability or the formatting of the information entered.

The new feature I propose is the addition of an HTML text editor in place of the current plain text input method. This editor would allow users to format the text in the respective fields (bold, italic, underlined, bullets, numbered lists, hyperlinks, tables, etc.).

Thank you in advance.

The existing text entry fields continue to have poor sanitisation of escape sequences - I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve typed an ampersand, and it comes out the other end rendered as &

can you give us a step by step guide to reproduce?

Hi Kisero

Security Operations > Security Incidents > Actions > Add

Here, we have the opportunity to add an item to our security incident list. I propose that you include the feature of an HTML editor (bold text, numbered lists etc.), similar to what this forum has. I have attached a snippet to emphasize my point.

yes i understand, but adding html tags to input/stored/renderded text is a nightmare, we’ll review about this topic when we work out the new UI/UX during/after the summer time.

1 Like