Question: Are "new install" packages expected to contain a different layout than "upgrade" packages?

I’m attempting to install the Enterprise edition from source after having already successfully installed the Community edition.

I downloaded various .zip files from Downloads , and expected the layout of the “new install” package to differ from the “upgrade” packages. The “new install” package does not seem to have files needed to host Eramba. I thought that perhaps everything would be copied from the “app/upgrade” directory during execution of the post_install_cmd, but that did not happen. Now the installation instructions are asking me to edit files that aren’t present in my system.

Does the current “new install” package contain everything I need to install Eramba Enterprise Edition?

Hello,

There were many changes done in that regard. From version 3.12.0, new install packages and update packages are the same.
Now, what files you are trying to update? What various zip files did you download? You only need one.
Can you please elaborate a little bit? Also please share which piece of documentation you are referring to.

I’m attempting to install Eramba using the Source Code - Install & Configuration Guide linked to from Eramba’s documentation page under “Installation & Configuration Guides → Source Code Install”. I’m able to follow these instructions until the “File Permissions” section where a screenshot shows a collection of files which were not present in the deployment package I downloaded. I only have an “app/upgrade” folder.

What various zip files did you download?

I attempted to use the “New Install” package from https://downloads.eramba.org . I downloaded a few upgrade packages for comparison.

I see that the default .htaccess file rewrites requests to app/upgrade/webroot, and it looks like all the files I was expecting to find are in this folder.

I was able to get Eramba installed today. We can consider these questions as resolved.

1 Like

I see what you mean. I am attempting the same. Downloaded the enterprise edition from the link you shared and also using the guide you shared. I have downloaded eramba.zip, whereas the doc demos eramba_v2.tgz. I used unzip to unzip the eramba.zip and do not see the eramba_v2/app/Config directory with the file, database.php.default to edit. Please advise. Thank you.

1 Like

This reply may only be applicable to the Enterprise edition.

The source code installation of Eramba hosts all of its files from the “app/upgrade” folder. I wasn’t expecting this, and some of the screenshots referring to the Community edition led to some confusion on my part.

One tip I have for you is to set the ‘debug’ property to true in app_local.php when you need to troubleshoot. See app.conf for an example of the proper syntax. Doing this helped me by revealing a helpful error message during installation.

Yes. I figured out the difference between Enterprise and Community in the doc. Where is app_local.php and app.conf? I have followed the doc and get the error message in the browser - can’t figure out what I missed. Thanks so much for replying! - never mind - found it. I really should trust myself more…