Question: dsn string parsing error

Hi there,

while updating community edition to version 3.18.0 on docker I got stuck. After waiting >1h and restarting the containers I was directed to the health check, where it says that crons check “worker” is not ok. In /var/log/cron.log this message gets logged every minute:

Exception: The DSN string '"Redis://?server=redis&port=6379&password=&timeout=3"' could not be parsed.
In [/var/www/eramba/app/upgrade/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Core/StaticConfigTrait.php, line 254]

It’s the same output to when I execute crontab entries manually. The DSN string seem to come from CACHE_URL setting in .env.
Do you have any suggestions for me?

Hello,

Most probably you need to update your docker repository. See here: Bug - Possible issue with crons on docker instance

Thank you! I’ve done so and tapped in slightly different traps:

1. The database gets reinitialized. We’re just in the phase of evaluation, so thats not a major problem. But It reminds me one more time that doing backups is essential.
  2. Cronjobs now can not access the database:
2023-02-15 08:30:01 error: [Cake\Database\Exception\MissingConnectionException] Connection to Mysql could not be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied
for user 'docker'@'172.21.0.5' (using password: YES) in /var/www/eramba/app/upgrade/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Driver.php on line 133
Stack Trace:
[...]
Caused by: [PDOException] SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'docker'@'172.21.0.5' (using password: YES) in /var/www/eramba/app/upgrade/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Driver.php on line 125
Stack Trace:
[...]

But after searching around for a while and restarting the containers without modification, everything looks okay now.

Thank you very much!

1 Like