Question: Easiest way to show which controls/policies are mapped to Compliance items?

I expect the answer to this will be obvious once you tell me, but I have rewatched the videos and read the docs a couple of times and cannot seem to find a Module & Tab on eramba which matches what I see in the video!

I have successfully set up my first Compliance Package and items for each clause (it is a rather obscure BSI spec, PAS1296…), and I have set up a bunch of my company’s policies and internal controls, and successfully mapped our controls to the compliance package items - all good there.

But what I cannot seem to find which module/tab/filter which shows be which controls and policies are mapped to my compliance items (i.e. the mapping I set on the ‘mitigations’ tab of my compliance items).

I can go into a ‘System Report’ for each compliance item and that will show me individually for each item, but I seem to recall seeing, in one of the videos, a tab that had a row for each item, and columns for linked policies and controls? I cannot find it now, though. :frowning:
(I thought it was going to be in Compliance Analysis and then in the Filter setting, It has checkboxes for showing ‘Destination Mappings’ and ‘Source Mappings’, but checking these does not show anything (from the Mitigations or anything else)

Ah - typically, after being baffled for about two days,
I figured it out about 10 minutes after I posted my question :sweat_smile:

It is in the Compliance Analysis module – I had to click ‘Manage Filter’ and click the three horizontal lines (‘hamburger’) icon in that to select different (modules?) to pull in fields from. Doh!

from a “problem perspective”, you see that on compliance management / compliance analysis … you might need to adjust the filter to show these controls ,policies ,etc…

from a “solution” perspective you go to controls and policies and do the same filter magic…well sort of magic …

if you need help write to support@eramba.org , we’ll try to help you there or with a zoom call

Ah, so I can do it in both directions :slight_smile:
Excellent.

I am setting up custom filters to share with colleagues using this workflow, very helpful! :slight_smile:

Would you mind sharing how to do that? I am looking for a report (visually) on a specific compliance item and what I just quoted sounds like what I need except I’m unsure how to get that.
What I mean is that when I click on “system report” for a specific item, I get a complete compliance report, not for that particular item.

This was 12 months ago, but I think what I meant was just that when you right-click on any item, you can choose ‘System Report’ ?

Thanks and no worries for not remembering. The problem is that doing what you just suggested results in a complete compliance report for me and not one pertaining to this particular compliance item.

There are two levels of reports → Section and Item. At the top toolbar for Reports, you’ll see this. The “Section” reports you can only view from there and will show you all items. You’ll see the item templates in that area, but you can’t view. To view the specific item’s report, click on the hamburger menu next to the item you want to see and select the Item Report that you want to view - that should give you just one.