Question: How do I get custom field names to work across different tabs?

Hello,
I am having fun setting up a reviews workflow for my colleagues, for reviewing our controls.

In the Controls Catalogue > Internal Controls module, on the Internal Controls tab, I have enabled ‘Custom Fields’ and made good use of various Custom Field Names, changing the names of various things to match what they are called in our existing processes.

For example, when I am in the Internal Controls tab, and I select Customization > Custom Field Names, a dialog come up called ‘Form Customization (Internal Controls)’,
on the ‘Audits’ tab of this dialog, I have changed the names of ‘Audit Owner’ and ‘Audit Evidence Owner’ to ‘Control Owner’ and ‘Peer Reviewer’ respectively, because that’s what we call these roles in our existing process.

This seems to work fine and as expected in the main Controls Catalogue > Internal Controls module > Internal Controls tab.
But, when I go to the Controls Catalogue > Internal Controls module > Audits tab, that tab is not using the custom field names (for example, it still calls the ‘Audit Owner’ and ‘Audit Evidence Owner’.

I kind of expected it would use the custom field names in that tab too (because they are part of the same module?)

If I am in the Controls Catalogue > Internal Controls module > Audits tab, and I click Customization > Custom Field Names there,
the dialog which appears is called 'Form Customization (Audits), and it just had a drop-down called ‘Internal Control’. In this drop down are all of my internal controls.
I thought ‘Oh no, do I have to set the custom field names manually for every control?!’ - but when I select any control, even that does no seem to be possible! It just shows me all the fields on a ‘General’ tab, but none of their names are editable.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hello David,
-Correct, you need to do that twice if you want to change Audit owner, this change is not shared between IC (audit tab) and modal for adding specific audit.
-Yes this is also expected behaviour, you need to select one of the IC when you want to customize the field, the reason is that it is using the same logic as when you are creating audit itself. It is bit confusing I know, but it just how it is.

-Yes this is also expected behaviour, you need to select one of the IC when you want to customize the field, the reason is that it is using the same logic as when you are creating audit itself.

OK thanks,
but it does not seem to let me customise the field name?

If I am in the Controls Catalogue > Internal Controls module > Audits tab, and I select ‘Customization > Custom Field Names’, I get this modal dialog:

…I can select any of my Internal Controls from the drop down…
this adds a ‘General’ tab to the dialog, it looks like this:

However, I cannot edit the field names?
(I seem to be able to edit the contents of the fields)…
… that seems odd, as the contents of the fields is taken from that Internal Control in the Internal Controls tab, but not the field name (which has reverted to its former un-customised name)

Ah yes, I see now. Yes, it is a bug, however we will not fix it on old version as it is already working ok on eramba v3 which will go public soon. Thanks for reporting.

Cool. I am looking forward to Eramba v3 :slight_smile:

Github: https://github.com/eramba/eramba/issues/4690