Question: SAML login does not redirect automatically to filter item

Not sure how to better describe the issue, feel free to change my thread title.

So we have set up email notifications about upcoming reviews. Unfortunately, since the big change in (I think 3.24.0) where LDAP groups were removed and we had to switch to SAML things stopped working regarding the links.

In the email notification there is a link to the review:
https://eramba.my.domain.tld/security-policy-reviews?advanced_filter=1&id=1887

PREVIOUSLY, if I was not logged in, I logged in and was redirected straight ot this review.

CURRENTLY, if I am not logged in, I then log in via SAML and end up in my eramba dashboard. I then have to go back to my notification email and click the link again to end up straight at the review.

Can this please be fixed so after usign SAML login eramba remembers the link I actually wanted to visit isntead of redirecting me to the dashboard? @j.meyer

2 Likes

I have been racking my brains how to describe this and you have hit the nail on the head perfectly :ok_hand:
Please revert it back!

1 Like

yes this should not be the case at all

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. Will try to fix as soon as possible.

Int. ref.: https://github.com/eramba/eramba/issues/4792

1 Like

Seems fixed according to changelog in Release 3.24.2 (hotfix)

Will test as soon as it is available and reply here. THANK you very much for the swiftness.

2 Likes

This seems to work ok now, but I send out emails notifying of document changes and include a macro link to the document in the portal. Again this use to work just fine previously if a user clicked the document link in the email and wasn’t logged in via SAML it would redirect to the SAML login and then display the correct document, now you get the below!

If I send out a direct link to a document for the portal the user is still sent to this, again can this be changed please?
The Document Portal still defaults to the Guest logon when accessing it!!!

The initial problem I reported here is solved with the 3.24.2 update.