Question - Trigger notification when a field changes or is deleted

Apologies if this is simple and I’ve just missed it in the documentation, but I searched and couldn’t figure out how to do this.

I have created a dynamic status for a New Risk which allows me to send a notification to the risk owner when the risk is first created, but I couldn’t figure out how to create a status that would allow me to send a notification to the Risk Owner if this is ever changed. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Caeran

yes, you can’t do it with the current feature set. but i’m pretty sure it will be possible with the new acivity log feature we are rolling out next week.

i have not tested this scenario, but my guess is:

• when an edit is done on a field, it will generate a log entry in the activity log like this one:

• you will need to create a dynamic status on the risk module that triggers when the field “risk owner” changes, something like this:

• when a change is done, you will see in the activity log the status

• then you will create a warning notification that will trigger against that dynamic status. the email will have to be setn to a static acount (yours , or. agroup) but i can not go to a custom role as they are not built in at the activity log feature (see screenshot below).

This feature is very new and of course we’ll need to test this and many other use cases that might not work straight out of the box. but my guess is that what you need will be possible to some extent.

Hi Kisero,

Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

However, if you’re saying it won’t be possible to set it up to e-mail a role (In this case the risk owner) this feature would be useless (In this scenario) as the new risk owner is almost never going to be the same person.

We will include custom roles most probably in the next release.

Int. ref.: https://github.com/eramba/eramba/issues/4449