Feature - Policies readable from the policy portal

Hi,

We would like to be able to read Security Policies from the Policy Portal. Currently, when we attach a PDF file to a policy and we click in the link that appears in the popup, the file is downloaded to the clients PC.

We think it would be great if the file opened directly in the browser. This way, people accessing the portal do not need to download every file they’d like to read, especially when there’s a lot of documents.

Do you think that would be possible?

Thank you!

1 Like

currently is not, files can be any format (pdf, xls, doc, vsd, etc) and each format requires specific software that understands it … we can not do what all these different softwares do … i dont see this feasible. the policy viewer displays the full content only when using "editor. " as policy content.

I was going to make the same request. I get the multi-format problem, but would you be prepared to least display pdf files for those of us who want to avoid having to download to view?

We are just trialling eramba SAAS and having to download was a disappointment. At least the Policy module support URLs so we will continue to use SharePoint as our document depository. It is a pity “Comments & Attachments” doesn’t support PDF display or URL links.

I also support this idea for directly displaying PDF. The current approach where user needs to download as extra step is cumbersome

the new UI/UX will take care of this type of situations